We are now just under three months away from the release of FIVE WAYS TO FALL (June 24th). While this book is part of the TEN TINY BREATHS series, it is its very own novel, with many new characters and loads of fun, heart ache, and angst. It is also the last full length novel planned for the TTB series (insert sad face). I've had readers ask me about starting a street team for the better part of a year now and I thought, let's do it for Ben!
(I will fully admit that I used Cora Carmack's street team post as a starting point for the content below. I'm a believer of "search and reapply" where possible and Cora did a kick ass job of outlining important points. I have her permission, in writing.)
What is a street team?
A team of super avid readers who like to promote books in an active way--online and in person. For my team, I'm looking for people who've read my books, who love my characters, and are eagerly waiting the release of Five Ways To Fall. In exchange for all this support, you will get all the inside info and other good stuff.
Why would you want to join? Because you get things like:
- Exclusive giveaways ONLY for street team members. ARCs, swag, signed copies, and other special stuff. Your odds of winning are MUCH better than when competing with the masses.
- Exclusive content and news about new book releases, WIPs, etc. You'll see excerpts before anyone else (note: I'll be writing IN HER WAKE in May and June... and BURYING WATER will be finished in May...)
- Every active street team member's name will appear in the acknowledgments of my book.
- Membership in the exclusive Street team facebook group! Here you can chat with other street team members, brainstorm promotional ideas, and hang out with me.
As a street team member, what will you be asked to do?
As a street team member, there are many ways you can help spread the word about Five Ways to Fall (and the entire series!). Below are some ways (and you're not obligated to them all!)
In person you can...
- Talk the books up and share promo material with friends, family, co-workers, and bookclubs. You can even drop off promo materials at bookstores, libraries, coffee shops, etc.
- Ask your local library and bookstores to order the TTB series if they don't already. Give the librarians the title, name and publisher.
Online you can...
- Share your (honest) review/rating of the book via Amazon, iBooks, BN.com, and Goodreads. This is a HUGE HELP. More reviews means that book is more likely to show up in retailer feeds (all that algorithm mumbo jumbo is actually true)
- Share interviews, reviews, cover reveals, and other promotional events across your social media and online platforms (Blogs, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Spread the word about my books to your online friends and followers.
- “Like” my books and me on Amazon.com & BN.com
- Like, Retweet, and Share whenever/whatever you can!
- Recommend the books on Goodreads and elsewhere. And every little bit helps!
Many of you already do so much of the above (and I am grateful to you for it.) These little things really do go a long way to helping a book succeed.
If the above sounds like something you're interested in...
...please fill out the form here. Are you still not sure? Here is a link to the cover, book description, and an excerpt of FWTF.
Atria Books, Inkslinger PR, and I will be selecting ONLY 25 people to join the FWTF street team (if you are not selected... I'm so sorry. We only have space for 25.) Please take the time to provide us with the best info possible on the form. The deadline for your submission is 6PM EST Sunday, March 30th, 2014. We will announce the team next week on my blog.
Important note: what is this street team not about? I think the below link sums it up quite nicely. Zero tolerance for poo flinging on Ben's team. I don't bad-mouth authors, bloggers, or readers and I do not want to be affiliated in any way with people who do. So, if you're into that kind of behavior, please don't submit a form.